This page gives information on getting married in Church. A good place to find answers to your questions about church weddings is at the Church of England web site. The advice on that web site is;- ‘Everyone lives in a parish and belongs to a parish church. That’s the church you should contact for more information about getting married.’ However at Woburn for various reasons we have a steady stream of enquiries from couples who are not resident here. There are circumstances where a couple may marry in a church where they do not have an existing qualifying connection
A person has a Qualifying Connection with a parish if that person:
- Was baptised in the parish.
- Had his or her confirmation entered in a church register book of a church or chapel in the parish; or
- Has at any time had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- has at any time habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months;
- or a Parent of that person has at any time during that person’s lifetime:
- Had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months;
Those who do not have one of these qualifying connections normally gain one by attending worship at the church over a six month period. We also ask couples to attend the marriage preparation course run at the Church each January.
If you wish to discuss your church wedding plans, or make a specific booking for a church, please get in touch using the contact us section at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Ian by telephone on 01525 290670.