This page gives information on getting married in Church.  A good place to find answers to your questions about church weddings is at the Church of England web site.  The advice on that web site is;- ‘Everyone lives in a parish and belongs to a parish church. That’s the church you should contact for more information about getting married.’  However at Woburn for various reasons we have a steady stream of enquiries from couples who are not resident here.  There are circumstances where a couple may marry in a church where they do not have an existing qualifying connection

A person has a Qualifying Connection with a parish if that person:

  • Was baptised in the parish.
  • Had his or her confirmation entered in a church register book of a church or chapel in the parish; or
  • Has at any time had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months; or
  • has at any time habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months;
  • or a Parent of that person has at any time during that person’s lifetime:
  • Had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months;

Those who do not have one of these qualifying connections can gain one by attending worship at the church regularly over a six month period. Once they have obtained a QC in this way, the wedding banns can be read. We also ask couples to attend the marriage preparation course run at the Church each January.

If you wish to discuss your church wedding plans, or make a specific booking for a church, please get in touch using the contact us section at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Ian by telephone on 01525 290670. 

Please get in touch!

4 + 11 =